Mighty Baobab Limited is committed to leading the industry in minimizing the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- - Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- - Minimise use of print copy.
- - Reduce use of unnecessary lighting.
- - Implement a strict policy of switching off unnecessary electrical items – for example, printers, adapters, computers.
- - Switch off electrical items that have a "stand-by" feature. Electrical items with stand-by feature will continue to consume electrical energy while in stand-by. Best approach for such items is 1) don't buy them 2) switch them off when not in use.
- - Using recycled packaging material where possible.
- - Conducting most of our business online – by web, email and messaging.
- - Where possible engage service providers who also have a stated Environment Policy.
- - Where water is used in remote regions of African during harvesting, ensure the water, which is free of any harmful chemicals, is reused to irrigate plants.
- - Where possible, use human resources and avoid machinery that is dependent on burning diesel/petrol.
- - Separate waste in appropriate waste bins.
- - Engaging with conservations projects like saving the Rhinos and saving the Slow Loris.
- - Continue to improve on processes and procedures so as to ensure limited impact to the environment.
Mighty baobab Limited,